A special role in the life of every pregnant woman is nutrition, which is distributed to two people. This does not mean that the amount of food consumed must be doubled: you need to eat those foods that are enriched with beneficial substances and that will help the child to properly form. A special diet for pregnant women in the first trimester determines the lists of recommended and prohibited foods. Not adhering to it, you can seriously harm the baby and their own health.
Vitamins for baby in the first trimester of pregnancy
In the first trimester, it is important for a pregnant woman to lay the foundation for the entire future formation of the crumbs in the womb. If at this stage he loses some vitamins or microelements, he will not be able to fill them in later stages. Such substances in the first trimester include:
- folic acid helps the formation of new life and placenta, provides rapid cell division and uninterrupted transfer of genetic information, eliminates frozen pregnancy and miscarriage;
- vitamin A it helps cells to divide vigorously and distributes them among tissues and organs;
- vitamin E prevents the risk of miscarriage, normalizes the general metabolism and forms the placenta;
- vitamin C participates in the formation of the shell of the ovum and placenta, supports the immune system of the expectant mother;
- iodine participates in the production of thyroid hormones, ensuring the correct formation of the baby’s skeleton and its mental development, normalizes the general metabolism of the woman;
- calcium needed for the formation of the endocrine system, skeleton, kidney.
So in the first trimester diet of a pregnant woman should be foods enriched with these beneficial substances that will participate in the intrauterine formation of the baby.
Recommended products in the first trimester
According to a diet for a pregnant woman in the first trimester, useful products that will help the child to form and support the vital forces of the future mother are:
- liver (chicken or beef), beans and lentils, asparagus and spinach, Brussels sprouts, bakery products from wholemeal flour - thisfolic acid;
- liver (fish, sea animals, birds), fish oil, mountain ash, dried apricots, sea buckthorn and wild rose, celery, tomatoes and red sweet peppers, apricots and peaches, carrotsvitamin A;
- vegetable oil, peas, lettuce, parsley -vitamin E;
- potatoes, greens, sweet peppers, kiwi and citrus fruits, black currants and strawberries, cabbage -vitamin c;
- sea salt, sea fish, seafood, dried figs -iodine;
- dairy low-fat products -calcium.
This does not mean that a woman in the first months of her pregnancy should consume only these products, but they must be present in her diet at this stage.
Diet for a pregnant woman in the first trimester: prohibited foods
Nutritionists categorically prohibit the use of a number of products for pregnant women during the first trimester stage. In one way or another, they can disrupt the work of the body and “take away” the substances important for its formation from the baby. These products include:
- coffee, chocolate (read: whether chocolate can be pregnant) and soda prevent the absorption of calcium;
- mustard, pepper, vinegar, fatty and fried foods increase the load on the liver and kidneys;
- high fat dairy products;
- salt intake limit to 15 grams per day;
- salted and smoked.
A diet for a pregnant woman in the first trimester is required to comply with in order to avoid improper intrauterine formation of the fetus, preterm birth and miscarriage. You should not risk the health of your own baby and go on about their taste tastes.