Femoston is a drug that contains estradiol and didrogesterone, which help maintain the normal hormones of a woman. This is a unique cocktail of two powerful synthetic hormones - estrogen and progesterone. The tool is prescribed during menopause, however, it is often said that Femoston can be drunk when planning pregnancy, when there are some problems with conceiving a child. Indeed, the expediency of such an approach to this drug takes place, but not in all cases. You need to know exactly how to take it in order not to harm the future mommy's health.
Why lately an increasing number of doctors practice the appointment of Femoston when planning pregnancy, if the long-awaited conception does not occur for too long a period of time? This is due to its pharmacological action, which the drug has on the female body.
- One of the reasons why a woman cannot become pregnant is a thin endometrium, to which the fertilized egg cannot join. Didrogesteron, which is the basis of Femoston, contributes to the simultaneous growth and thickening of the uterine mucosa. This significantly increases the chances of a successful conception.
- Another possible cause of the non-occurrence of a long-awaited pregnancy is the lack of estrogen. Her Femoston also safely eliminates, as it is a kind of hormonal cocktail.
- The third useful property of this drug is questioned by many experienced doctors, but some doctors take it into account when prescribing Femoston to couples who are planning to conceive a baby, but they do not succeed. Some experts believe that this drug actively helps restore ovulation, without which conception is simply impossible.
According to all the above facts, it may seem that the appointment of Femoston when planning a pregnancy is fully justified and gives hope to couples who dream of a child, but due to some circumstances cannot conceive it. However, not everything is so rosy with the intake of this drug.
Not all gynecologists consider femoston useful at the planning stage of pregnancy, and in some cases even harmful. What are their concerns based on which a woman has the right to know before taking this drug?
- The content of active substances in Femoston is too high, which, with the occurrence of the desired pregnancy, will negatively affect the formation and further development of the fetus.
- The effectiveness of such therapy in case of difficulties with the conception of a child is rather low: the planned pregnancy usually occurs only after the abolition of Femoston, who until this point needs to be taken for a rather long period of time. And this happens very rarely.
- Femoston is poorly tolerated by most women. There are many side effects of this drug, and all of them are clearly and actively manifested. These can be headaches, nausea, irritability, flatulence, dizziness, pain in the pelvic region, abdomen, breast, digestive disorders and the menstrual cycle. There are places to be more serious consequences, but less often.
Everything about this doctor prescribing Femoston when planning a pregnancy should instruct a woman to make the only right decision - to drink this drug to her or not. It is very reasonable to consult a few gynecologists in this situation and only then decide on taking the medicine.
As for the regimen, you need to be extremely careful with this drug and consult with your doctor about everything. The drug is available in three dosages - 1/10, 2/10 and 1/5. Most often, Femoston is appointed 2/10 when planning pregnancy as the best option. In any case, the drug is prescribed according to an individual scheme, which can only be determined by a specialist. It is recommended to take it on strictly defined days of the cycle, and when there are no monthly periods, they should be drunk on the days of their beginning. There is also a general scheme for taking these pills:
- inwards, at the same time;
- 1 tablet per day;
- breaks do not do;
- does not depend on food intake;
- Femoston 1/10: in the first 14 days of the cycle - 1 white tablet daily, in the remaining 14 days - 1 gray tablet daily;
- Femoston 2/10: in the first 14 days of the cycle - 1 tablet of pink color daily, in the remaining 14 days - 1 light yellow tablet daily;
- as soon as conception occurs, Femoston should be stopped immediately.
Often the long-awaited pregnancy occurs after the cancellation of this drug, if before that it was taken for a long time. If it was decided to try Femoston when planning a pregnancy, be sure to familiarize yourself with contraindications, which this medication has quite a lot.
Femoston has many contraindications that must be identified before taking it. You can not take this medicine when planning pregnancy in the following cases:
- mammary cancer;
- any malignant neoplasms;
- vaginal bleeding;
- vein thromboembolism;
- arterial thromboembolism;
- liver disease;
- endometrial hyperplasia;
- individual intolerance;
If you do not take into account these contraindications, Femoston can harm the female body and even delay the onset of a long-awaited pregnancy. Therefore, it is highly recommended not to take the decision to drink this drug while dreaming about conceiving a baby. Preliminary consultation with several gynecologists and a thorough examination will help to understand the benefits or dangers of medication.