Intestinal infection can affect the children's body. In this case, the main rule of struggle is to use a large amount of fluid. Doctors, in the first place, are worried about dehydration. Unfortunately, if the fluid is not enough, serious consequences in the form of cramps and spasms begin.
However, in case of intestinal infection, it is important not only to observe the water-salt balance, but also to follow a diet. Since the lesion goes to the gastrointestinal tract, then the whole body has to be restored for quite a long time.
Children's diet for intestinal infections: the rules
In the event that a mother wishes her child a speedy recovery, which is also reflected in the restoration of immunity, then a number of rules must be followed. They primarily concern nutrition:
- As soon as the child began to suffer from acute intestinal infection, it is necessary to put him on a diet.
At the same time, it consists in the use of a specific set of products. It is strictly contraindicated to lead fasting, because the body needs strength to fight. That is why the diet necessarily includes food.
- The diet is observed for one month.
The first days are considered the most stringent, with each subsequent day and improving the health of the child, it is necessary to add more and more new products to the diet.
- In the event that the child vomits for a long time, you should definitely start using antiemetics.
Before this, consult your doctor about the dose and frequency of use.
- Feeding is 5-6 times a day, but in small portions.
Even if the child eats every hour, but one spoonful, it is not worth forcing him. One spoonful of food contains a large number of trace elements and energy, so necessary for the body.
- During the illness, choose food that you do not need to chew too much.
The body is greatly weakened and it cannot waste time only on chewing food. The main essence of food is to replenish energy and strength, so it is better to choose soft food or cut it into small pieces.
- Make a choice in favor of protein products.
It is this trace element is so necessary for the body in a weakened period.
- The cooking process itself should be using water baths, steam boilers and multi-cookers.
Refuse for a while from fried food with addition of oil. Everything should be maximally cooked and dry.
- The temperature of cooked dishes should not exceed 40 degrees.
What products are allowed for OCI?
In fact, a sufficiently large number of products is allowed. All of them are distinguished by their dietary content, complete lack of fat, easy digestibility and the ability to fix the body.
Many mothers mistakenly believe that in case of an intestinal infection, only crackers with water can be used; in fact, the list of products is offered rather diverse:
- low-fat chicken;
- vegetable broth;
- buckwheat porridge on the water;
- rice porridge on the water;
- red fish;
- ground beef patties;
- steam omelette;
- sour milk;
- low-fat cheese;
On the first day, you should completely limit the consumption of sweet and fatty. Only gradually can you add these foods to your diet. Every day you should eat soup based on vegetable broth with slimy rice. This composition will help to consolidate the chair and will help restore the body.
What products are prohibited under Oka?
The first 3 weeks after the disease are strictly contraindicated products that can harm the body.
Their composition is so heavy that it is hardly absorbed by the body:
- milk is a drink that can provoke even more diarrhea, stomach cramps and nausea that has begun;
- fatty foods - there are no enzymes in the body that easily break down fatty foods;
- rich products - yeast, entering the body, can begin the natural process of fermentation;
- fresh fruit can cause gas formation. It’s not worth refusing completely, just bake in the microwave, where they retain their beneficial properties and at the same time do not harm the body;
- spicy dishes;
- meat broth;
Drinks for acute intestinal infection
Of course, the first important drink during the period of illness is water. The child should consume a large amount of fluid daily.
Not all children love water and are ready to drink it in the required amount. In this case, apple compote is allowed on the first day. It should be nothing but apples and a small amount of sugar.
In the following days, when the healing process began, the available drinks are:
- dogrose decoction;
- green tea;
- chamomile tea;
- cranberry juice;
- lingonberry juice;
- decoction of currant leaves;
- dried fruits compote;
- boiled water with honey;
- infusion of dried dogwood.
This is the fluid that will not only help excrete toxic substances from the body, but will also contribute to the restoration of the gastrointestinal tract. Useful berries and fruits, on the basis of which decoctions are made, have healing power, with the help of which immunity in human blood can be increased.
Diet for intestinal infections in children: a good menu for the day
There is nothing difficult to feed a child with an intestinal infection. First of all, you should exclude fried, smoked and salted foods. Then think about what you will cook. The cooking process should be in small dishes 1-2 times.
Breakfast - rice porridge, toaster with cheese, compote of dried fruit.
Lunch - vegetable broth soup with turkey leg, vegetable stew, lingonberry mors.
Snack - steam omelet, crackers, compote of dried fruit.
Dinner - steam cutlet, pasta, boiled water with honey.
In the event that a child refuses to eat, there is no need to insist. Offer him a bit later. Do not try to make the crumb eat the whole portion. It will be enough for him to eat at least half of what you have proposed.
Prevention of acute intestinal infection in children
It is much easier to prevent a problem than to solve it later.
Especially this hypothesis is suitable for diseases of a small child.
- During quarantine, you should not be in crowded places. It is there that the virus spreads the fastest.
- After each visit to the street or shops, you should wash your hands with soap and water at home, rinse the sinuses with saline.
- Wash vegetables and fruits thoroughly before eating.
- Do not feed the child on the street, especially in the sandbox and playgrounds.
Parents should be aware of safety precautions. Wet wipes are not salvation. With their help, you can only remove external dirt. The ideal tool is only soap with water.
Observe for a month during an intestinal infection. In this case, the body will have the power to fight, to cope with the disease without further consequences.