Snoring is considered a problem that most men face. Much less often it concerns women. Most people believe that the main reason for snoring lies in the accumulated fatigue. In fact, it is often a violation of the respiratory tract.
According to statistics, 60% of pregnant girls experience snoring during pregnancy. First of all, it is an unpleasant phenomenon, in which a woman is afraid to experience difficulties in relations with her spouse. But if you look at snoring from the other side, you can understand that it has serious consequences that need to be treated.
Why does snoring appear during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, the woman's body is rebuilt. As a rule, a large part of the body of the girl changes. There is an increase in body weight, increased blood circulation - these are the main reasons that can contribute to the development of snoring.
Changing hormonal levels is the main feature of a pregnant woman. It happens due to the fact that the woman begins to bear the child. This change is characterized by nausea, vomiting and general weakness. Progesterone begins to increase in the size of the body of the girl.
This hormone relaxes the muscles of the larynx, which leads to the fact that during sleep a woman begins to make strange sounds, like snores. This phenomenon is characteristic only for the night, since all the muscles are as relaxed as possible.
If you pay attention to the problems of people with snoring, then you can see that most of them have abnormalities associated with overweight. Fat, which the girl is gaining during pregnancy, is deposited in the internal tissues, respectively, creates discomfort and as a result snoring.
Hormonal rhinitis (edema)
Edema during pregnancy is a fairly frequent and common condition. They occur not only on the arms and legs, but also on the mucous membranes. As a result, the characteristic hormonal rhinitis develops. Especially often it appears in the third trimester of pregnancy.
It is believed that about 40% of pregnant girls face a similar problem. But often after birth, the problem immediately disappears, as the body gradually begins to return to its former state.
Should I fear snoring during pregnancy?
In a dream, a person who makes loud noises simply does not hear them. However, they cause concern to others. But after all, few understand that this is not only their main shortcomings. Often they concern far more serious consequences.
Complications of snoring in pregnant women
In the event that snoring appeared only during pregnancy, and the rest of the woman is in satisfactory condition, no violations were found, then we can safely say that the girl should not worry.
But if there are minor health problems, then it is worth undergoing a comprehensive examination that will help diagnose abnormalities in health.
As complications can be:
- severe delivery;
- mental retardation of the child;
- development of pathologies in the baby;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system.
The most difficult problem is the closure of the vocal cords and, as a result, the complete loss of voice. Just think about it, during the night a woman stops breathing exactly 400 times, and this equals 3 hours in total.
Accordingly, the child's body does not receive the proper amount of oxygen, hence a number of related problems arise. For example, headache, migraine, increased blood pressure.
Apnea syndrome also negatively affects the child itself, as expressed in pelvic presentation or umbilical cord entanglement.
What if a pregnant woman starts to snore?
Despite the reason for the development of snoring in a pregnant girl, it is worthwhile to think more carefully about what measures of complex exposure should be taken. First of all, it is worth refusing the use of medicines.
The best ways to get rid of the problem can be the following options:
- Learn proper breathing during the day - you need to take a small inhale and exhale strongly. Thus, the blood will gradually enter the body.
- Go to bed on your left side, in this position you will reduce the likelihood of snoring. On the sides, you can impose yourself with pillows or buy special orthopedic equipment that will help you not to roll over in a dream.
- Eating before sleep is prohibited. Dinner should be no earlier than 3 hours before bedtime.
- Immediately before the night's sleep, open a window in the room and ventilate the room.
- Try to move as much as possible, especially in the evening. Surprisingly with snoring walks help to cope.
- In the event that the cause of snoring is rhinitis, then wash your nose with saline before bedtime.
Often, the development of snoring is also affected by poor nutrition. Therefore, the maximum way is to abandon the fried, fatty and salty foods. It is best to replace it with healthy foods.
What exercises need to be performed if snoring begins?
Doctors have developed effective physical exercises that help to cope with the arising of snoring.
- Take a wooden pencil in the teeth. First, squeeze it tightly, and then unlock your teeth. Thus, perform a few pressure.
- Stick out the tongue as hard as possible, then return it to its original position.
- Open your mouth wide, fix the position for 5 seconds, then close your mouth.
- Stretch the lips in a smile and fix the position for 5 seconds.
- Make lips a straw, fix the position for 5 seconds.
- Move the lower jaw in the directions forward, backward, right, left. This exercise is worth 10-15 times.
Often, girls in the fight against snoring use traditional medicine, but it may not always be useful. Before using it, you should consult with your doctor in order to understand how to use such tools.