For many women, being pregnant means giving up on yourself. Girls stop doing manicure, makeup and hair dye. But after all, even in a position, you always want to look good. In the refusal of comprehensive measures to care for themselves, in most cases, affect the various superstitions.
In order to make a decision about hair dyeing for yourself, it is worth figuring out who and why considers this method unsafe. It is possible that there is a truly sound scientific opinion.
Opinion of doctors
First of all, it is necessary to listen to the opinion of the obstetrician-gynecologist, in whom the girl is observed throughout the entire period of pregnancy. It is generally accepted to divide the opinions of specialists into two completely polar points of view. They are based on the coloring matter.
Half of the doctors claim that the paint contains a strong pigment, namely, a harmful coloring agent, which will only cause irreparable harm to both the woman’s body and the child.
As the harmful components of paint can safely be called the following:
- Resorcinol - causes a strong cough and, as a consequence, a decrease in immunity;
- hydrogen peroxide, the composition of which can leave burns on the skin;
- ammonia, with prolonged exposure can be reflected in the form of nausea and vomiting.
But still it is worth considering another opinion. Progressive doctors, repelled by evidence-based medicine, argue that in the world there is not a single study that showed the harm of paint on the body of the future mother and child.
Of course, the smell of paint itself is quite unpleasant. With strong contact and long-term interaction, it will produce burns and nausea. But then again, the paint can affect in the same way and the ordinary person who is not in position.
Inside the mother's abdomen there is not only the fetus, but also the placenta. It is necessary in order to protect the child from external negative influences. Such impacts include strong and strong smell of paint.
Therefore, even if it enters your body, the placenta will not allow ammonia to affect your baby’s health at least in any negative way.
Accordingly, it can be stated unequivocally that, according to the assurances of progressive specialists who repulse the opinion of researchers and scientists, paint in no way negatively affects the mother, and even more so on her baby, who is still in the womb.
Hairdressers assure that the expectant mother must necessarily warn about their situation. This is due to a strong change in hormonal levels. The girl may be surprised to see the result in the mirror. In fact, even the usual paint can behave quite differently.
That is why the hairdresser must know what is happening with the client's health in order to have time to correct the result. Of course, in advance and a specialist will not be able to predict how your hair will behave.
But your words about pregnancy will mean the need for more frequent and careful observation of you by the stylist. During dyeing it is necessary to pay attention to the hair every 10-15 minutes in order to understand which way the main hair color changes.
Tips for pregnant women for hair coloring:
In order to safely carry out the procedure of staining, a pregnant girl should use a number of simple tips and recommendations:
- Try not to dye your hair before the 12th week of pregnancy.
The first trimester is the most important in the child’s body. Therefore, you should especially carefully approach your health. At this time, the baby is actively being formed, it lays down the main organs that affect life activity.
- Do not allow the use of paint more than 1 time in 3-4 months.
This will allow you to look good and at the same time not expose yourself to the harmful effects of dyes. In order to paint less, it is necessary to use a natural shade.
- In the event that you decide to use a new paint, be sure to check it for an allergic reaction, causing a small amount of the substance to your hand.
- It is possible to call highlighting, balayazh and shatush quite quite worthy alternative of coloring.
These are special techniques that allow you not to use dyes too often. It is possible to use 1 time in 3-4 months.
Safe methods of hair coloring during pregnancy
If a woman still wants to protect her baby from the effects of paint, then she should use traditional medicine. Since ancient times, girls have been watching their beauty.
At a time when there was no paint, our grandmothers resorted to tricks that helped them always look their best.
- To create a bronze shade, mix natural henna and basma in equal proportions. Apply the mixture to your hair for 30 minutes, rinse and look at the result. If you want big gold, then increase the proportions of henna.
- To create a black pitch tone, only one Basma will do. It will give the hair shine, density and strength. Besides the fact that it does not possess harmful substances, it is also rich in useful trace elements.
- Dark ginger color can be achieved by mixing henna and a few spoons of cocoa.
- For a light brown tint you will need henna with a few spoons of coffee. In combination, you can get a golden brown noble color.
- With the help of black tea leaves, applied to the hair for 40 minutes, dark-brown hair color can be obtained.
Despite the safety of the methods, they have their drawbacks. For example, it is impossible to dye your hair in the right shade only at one time. Therefore, occasionally still have to use folk remedies to achieve the desired result.
When pregnant women just can not dye your hair?
Despite the assurances of doctors and hairdressers in the safety of the procedure, there are still contraindications that do not allow using hair dye at a certain time.
- The first trimester of pregnancy is a special and important period, which means the need for greater protection of the baby and active care. During this period, the girl should eliminate to the maximum possible negative effects on the child’s body.
- The last 2 weeks of pregnancy are fraught with the development of late toxicosis, which will adversely affect both delivery and the child.
In any case, during the staining is, first of all, determined on the basis of their own state of health. If the girl feels good, while there are no side effects in the form of nausea and dizziness, the procedure can be performed.
In the event that the girl is feeling unwell, the staining procedure should be postponed.
Care for dyed hair during pregnancy
Since the body of a pregnant woman especially needs vitamins and nutrients, then hair should be supplied with vitamins. This will help a variety of masks and balms. They can be both home-made and purchased in the store.
Useful masks made from:
- sour cream;
- vegetable oil;
- burdock oil;
- castor oil.
Pay attention to the purchased products that will help restore the hair, nourish it and fill it with additional trace elements.